15.9.07

The Bride & Groom


Philip Daniel Loos

My name is Phil, and I am in love with Theresa Tarampi. But you probably already know that, so I’ll tell you things you don’t know about me…

I was born Philip Daniel Loos to Nancy and William Loos on July 28th, 1984 in Panorama City, California. My life as an “accident waiting to happen” began not much long after my birth when, as a toddler, I dropped a piggy bank on my toe and subsequently flipped my toenail across the room. Around that time, I also ate snail bait (not good for babies, do not attempt at home) and was rushed to the hospital. Apparently aware that I had a good thing going, I soon continued in my winning ways by brainlessly swinging from the jungle gym bars by my legs, and falling 6 feet onto my barely developed clavicle. Dog bites, shattered shins, broken hands and fingers, split skulls and electrocution would follow over the next 20 years. Seeing as every day I’m still alive is a miracle in itself, I try to treat each day that way.

I hope to show you, however, that I’m more than just a human crash test dummy. I’m also kind of fun. I love to ski and play basketball, softball, football and soccer. I love to watch and/or discuss almost any sport as well. If you’re a Lakers, Dodgers, Chargers, Packers, or AC Milan fan, we’ll be good friends. But even if you have the misfortune of being a Queens… er, Kings, Giants, Broncos, Bears, ManU, InterMilan, or Juventus fan, we can still be friends. I’m interested in international affairs, enough so that I majored in it at UC Davis. I studied at L’institute d’Etudes Politiques in Grenoble, France and now speak French pretty well – enough so that I minored in it. I love to sing and play guitar. I sang in the UC Davis chorus, which helped me along to getting my music minor from UC Davis as well. I love languages and have dabbled in learning Arabic ever since I took it at UCLA one summer. I love to travel and see new places. I now work at Northridge Hospital where my job is to make every patient’s stay as effortless and pleasant as possible, through direct and indirect contact with them. I hope to someday use my gifts as a peacemaker and a linguist to either serve my God, serve my country, or both.

The most important thing in my life is my relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ. Until recently, I didn’t quite understand what it meant to live for Him nor was I completely willing to do so, but as I understand more and more His love for me, the less I understand why He loves me so much and the more I want to live a life that pleases Him. The second most important thing to me is my relationship with my future wife, Reese. She is my best friend and has made a permanent home in my heart. I can’t wait to be able to completely share all my life with her.



Theresa Angeles Tarampi

Yes, that's my full name...but please call me Reese. I am first and foremost a daughter of God, and I am secondly the wife-to-be of the most amazing man.

Most likely being in the top 3 most neurotic people you know, it was only fitting that I'd have such an organized and easily memorable birth date: 8-5-85. I was named after Mother Teresa, who was featured on the front page of the newspaper the morning of my birth. I was actually supposed to be Andrew Tarampi, if you know what I mean. But, thank God, I turned out to be a girl...otherwise, you wouldn't be reading this right now! (haha...)

Anyway, there's no way I could sum myself up in a few paragraphs...because then none of this would be true in a day or so. So, I'll stick with what's most important and what's certainly the only constant in my life. I love my God, and I try to live a life of endless gratitude for what He's sacrificed for me through His Son, Jesus Christ. With each breath I take, I recognize the grace I'd been given in just that tiny, little moment. It's because of Him that I'm even typing this out right now, and so I want my life to be a response to His abundant grace and mercy, no matter what that means or entails. I love my God, and that's all I really feel is actually worth writing about myself.

But, for those of you who like updates and details, here are a few. I was born and raised in sunny SoCal in the ever-growing Ventura County suburb of Simi Valley. It's been my home for my entire life, besides my college years, which were spent at USF in the amazing city of San Francisco. On a bit of a fast track, I survived my undergraduate career and took a B.S. in Business Administration with me when I left (quite bittersweetly, I might add...San Francisco will always have a special place in my heart). I'm now back in Simi Valley, working as a Marketing Associate for a publisher in Thousand Oaks called SAGE Publications. I'm thankful for where God's placed me, and am learning so much. Traveling the country for free isn't so bad either :). I just started the MBA program at California Lutheran University and am getting used to being back in the classroom and having homework to finish every week.

I enjoy being relational, the summertime, singing my heart out, laughing hard, and just indulging in God's creation in creative ways. I love learning about other cultures and how to best understand them. I care deeply about desperate places in our world, especially their children. I don't have very many favorite anythings...I'm more of an "in the mood for..." type of person. The one favorite I do have, however, is my favorite ministry, and that is college ministry. I found this out during my involvement in USF's Intervarsity chapter, "Real Life." Following closely behind is children's ministry, as I get to teach Sunday school every other week at Phil's and my church - Cornerstone Community Church. My kindergarteners are adorable!

As of late, a good amount of my time is being spent planning for the day I get to marry Philip Daniel Loos. I love him in a way that words could never fully express, and I am so grateful for him. I'm still amazed by how God has so clearly prepared and blessed our upcoming marriage throughout these past 6 years. Needless to say, I'm excited and overjoyed about our future together.

No comments: